Tuesday 22 November 2011

NOVEMBER Glossybox

I wasn't at home when I received my glossybox so I had a cheeky look on the glossybox facebook page for spoilers.

I was so shocked to see bad review after bad review to this months box! Most were threatening to unsubsribe due to the lack of makeup related products and the rumour about bloggers getting sent better boxes for free as a sense of false advertisement. It came to the point where I wasn't even excited to open mine at the end of the day.

This is the contents of my box.


 

01 ARBONNE Ultra Hydrating Hand Creme
Soothing creme moisturises hands, leaving a healthy appearance and skin feel smooth and refreshed.

Full size £19.00/118ml
No discount code (cheap b*stards xD)

As winter is here we do all need that extra moisture on our hands so a small sample size is perfect. I'm honestly not too fussy with hand creams they just need to smell quite nice, quickly absorb into my skin without leaving a sticky residue.
 

02 DEAD SEA SPA MAGIK Delicate Boosting Mask
A creamy mask containing pure Dead Sea Mud in a gentle formulation, showing immediate and remarkable results.

Full size £8.80
Discount code: GLOSSYBOX2 for 20% off expires 31/12/11


Now, my skin doesn't tend to like face masks - whenever I've used masks in the past (apart from Lush fresh masks) my skin tends to break out - I don't know if its because I have sensitive skin but I don't want to take the risk! So I'll probably end up giving that away as part of a stocking filler for Christmas!
03 ILLAMASQUA Freak Eau De Parfum
Celebrate the night with Freak, the dangerously exotic first fragrance from cult British beauty brand, Illamasqua.

Full size 75ml/ £59.00
Discount code: GLOSSYFREAK for 20% off of full range! Expires 15/12/11.

There is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOT of controvesy with receiving perfume samples, I think its safe to say that all of the beauty boxes have put in perfume samples to bulk them out. Not everyone has the same taste in scents, not everyone is even looking to buy another perfume especially from a brand that they've never heard of (I have heard of ILLAMASQUA!). 

I think that its perfectly fine to include them occasionally or not as part of the samples that you're technically paying for because we could easily go out and get every single perfume sample for FREE. The only one I found acceptable is when they put Orla Kiely in the August box because it was 5ml which is quite a lot!


04 NAIL ROCK Designer Nail Wraps
The new NAIL ROCK designer nail wrap range is designed to last up to 7 days on nails and 8 weeks on the toes. They won't chip or stain the nail, requires no drying time and deliver on trend style in just 15 minutes.

Full size £6.65 per pack
Discount code: NRGB15 for 15% off all range. Expires 31/12/11

Now I'm not really interested in this nail wrap hype going on, mostly because I have really tiny nails and it all seems a bit fiddly to me. I'd rather get a nail polish - a chrismassy one! But I guess I'm just a tradionalist. Perhaps one of my friends will find better use for it then me.


05 PHILIP KINGSLEY Elasticizer
Intensive, super-moisturizing pre shampoo treatment for all hair types. Adds elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine.

Full size £52.10/ 500ml
Discount code: GB1 for 20% off entire range. Expires 31/01/12.


My FAVOURITE THING from the whole box definitely has to be the Elasticizer from Philip Kingsley. In a previous post I'd said I wanted to try it and low and behold here it is.

The weird part is I now have a pre-shampoo, shampoo, pre-conditioner, conditioner and pre hairdrying products. Phew. I can't wait to try this out and possibly repurchase with the discount code.


SUMMARY
As soon as I opened my parcel to reveal the contents - just carrying the pink box out of the grey packaging box I could already feel that there was a light amount of content in the box.

I think that some people were overexaggerating, so long as they're not including the exact same product you've received before does it matter if its from the same or similar brand.

Overall I'm not as dissapointed as I was last month. I think I'll stick with it until the December box and if things don't improve I'll look to getting a different beauty box!

What did you get in your glossy box & what do you think??

xxx

5 comments:

  1. I haven't reviewed mine yet, but I got the hand creme, some bath salts, Monu Recovery balm, Nail Wraps and two samples of a unisex perfume. I'll use the salts, the balm and the fragrance, the hand creme and wraps aren't my thing.

    I saw some of the feedback and I was shocked really, yes it's not the standard of the last boxes, but it's still worth more than we paid and giving us some new items to try. I love sniffing new fragrances as I don't have the time to wander round asking for samples from shops and I'd be embarrassed to do it as well.

    I'm sticking with them, next months might be super and the people who cancelled will be kicking themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about the Dead Sea Spa Magic!
    here i Italy i just received my first Glossybox (the second one will be mine by the end of the week) and i was completely satisfied: great product and good size too!
    I noticed that in Italy there aren't discount such as in UK :(
    I also hear that more and more girls are unsatisfied with the last glossyboxes, hope it won't happen the same here!
    I just reviewed the first italian box by the way, if you are curious ;)

    http://nicolefashionsmetic.blogspot.com/2011/11/glossybox-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. More like skin care stuff init?

    I'll let you know when I receive my Boudoir Prive box.. ><

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just smelled Illamasqua perfume in Debenhams today - I quite like it but I didn't receive it in my Glossybox. Typical! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Elanor I think the only reason girls are complaining is because in previous months we've been completely spoilt by full size products!

    @Nicole I tried the mask it was quite abrasive when applied onto the skin and when I washed it off I didn't really notice much of a difference to be honest. The italian glossybox looks really good!

    @Rach yeah lemme know what you get!

    @Alex well if you like it enough use the 20% code xD I don't mind the scent but I'd rather invest that money for a perfume for another bottle of Daisy by Marc Jacobs!

    ReplyDelete