Wednesday 19 October 2011

GLOSSYBOX october



It's my fourth GLOSSYBOX this month & I've been waiting obediently to see whats in store for me. I was shocked to see that the report card had been enlarged to the width of the box. This coupled with the fact that there are a range of mature-aimed products makes me think that a lot of maturer women must be the main target range for GLOSSYBOXES. But I might be thinking too much.

WHAT WAS INSIDE:

Dermalogica Age Smart  - Multi Vitamin Thermafoliant  - A powerful thermal skin polisher that combines physical and chemical exfoliants (15ml) £40.50 for 75ml
Dermalogica Age Smart  - Multi Vitamin Power Recovery Masque  - A powerful masque of concentrated antioxidant vitamins to help skin recover and regenerate (15ml) £33.00 for 70ml
EXTRA – Dermalogica Age Smart -   Renewal lip complex (with beauty bag) 

After LONDON FASHION NIGHT (September 8th) I had already received an array of dermalogica products, for free, so I wasn't too happy to see more of this range. Nothing personal against GLOSSYBOX but I've already used dermalogica brand for over a year & now it does nothing for my skin so I'd rather choose any other brand to be honest. I know its never too early to prevent wrinkles but if I'm only 20 years old what kind of life would I live if I'm trying to stop aging now? However saying that the lip complex smells lush&is very hydrating! The other two products I'm yet to use.
Yes, I got this for FREEEEE.
Leighton Denny Expert Nails  -  Colour and Care (nail varnish) – Beautifully groomed hands and feet are always in fashion and with Leighton Denny nail colours, it’s easy to keep them that way. This is full size at £11.00 for 12ml

I received the colour BABYDOLL. Its a very cute nude pink but actually more pigmented when you apply it on. I have an olive skintone so I find that it is a bit bright for me, especially considering it is basically autumn I think a darker colour would've been more appropriate. The polish glides on easily (if you wipe a bit of nail polish remover on your nails first)  and dries very quickly! I'm quite impressed with this brand! You can see a sly swatch of the stila eyeliner on my hand aswell.. ;D

Stila – Smudge stick waterproof eyeliner (in Moray)  - Stila’s highly pigmented waterproof eye liner glides on delivering intense, vibrant colour with staying power. This is full size and retails at £13.00

I would NEVER opt for a green eyeliner! So I was pleasantly surprised to see a beautiful olive coloured shimmery eyeliner! I can't wait to use it for a night out (because it is waterproof/resistant it doesn't make it suitable for day time wear in my opinion) my only quarrel with it is that its difficult trying to get it to give more product but hopefully over time this won't be a problem.

Robert Piguet – Eau de Parfums – Fracas, Visa and Calypso are three signature scents from the ‘most Parisian of fashion designers’ (3 x 0.8ml) £65.00 for 50ml

All three of these scents smell very sweet which I love, I popped a bit on my wrist just to test the smell and it lasted all day! I am seriously thinking of purchasing the full size of the Visa bottle even though it is a bit pricey.

SUMMARY:

To summarize I wasn't too impressed with this months GLOSSYBOX only because it was an anticlimax to last months amazing array! I liked the polish and the liner most. 

I felt like some of these samples, with a bit of effort, I could have gotten for free. It just seemed quite lazy to have 3 of the products be from the same brand when the whole excitement is trying new and undiscovered products. Or at least thats the impression I have with their aim with these beauty boxes.

However I will undoubtedly continue to subscribe to this box for fear I might miss out!

1 comment: