Wednesday 26 October 2011

My VIVIENNE WESTWOOD obsession

My obsession with Vivienne Westwood began about 3-4 years ago. 

It all started when I started getting into the Japanese culture, language, fashion which inevitably led to reading manga and watching anime. Eventually I was led to watch a live action movie (of a manga that developed into an anime and then.... you get the picture) called NANA.

The story, briefly, is about two girls who meet coincidentally on a train to Tokyo city and happen to share the same name and age but apart from these two factors they don't seem to have much in common; the have completely different styles and personalities but their lives soon intertwine when they end up living together. Anyway, despite this many of the characters in the film wear a lot of Vivienne Westwood clothing and accessories, most noticeable being a statement armour ring, and a huge orb pendant that is actually a lighter!

The ironic thing is that VW is a British designer yet somehow she became iconic more in Japan then here (or so it appears) so it was easily accessible here in the UK.
Most of the collection
Originally I had this teddy bear in its phone charm form, but whilst on the train I sadly lost it. One of my friends managed to find it on eBay as a bag charm & gave it to me as a Christmas present. It's not quite the same but I still love it! It stays permanently on my diesel bag that I got in the boxing day sales.
It was difficult to take a picture of this one but its a long necklace with a small orb pendant which conveniently seems to somehow look slightly like a kem göz [evil eye] which looks like this. You would wear an evil eye to protect you from a person who is jealous of you. For example if you had just bought new shoes and someone was jealous of you they didn't want you to have it there is a almost superstition if the shoes were to miraculously break.
Yeah one of my friends bought me this for my 19th birthday, I was really shocked! I didn't know what to say or whether to accept it or not because of the situation and the implications it would have. But, I clearly still have it. (^^')
This is my favourite necklace. I don't wear it that much anymore because it just reminds me of a certain time when I wore it. That's really stupid, it cost me a lot xD I'm sure in the near future I will wear it often again. I think its because I stopped wearing a lot of jewelry I used to layer necklaces a lot in college but I don't have time for that anymore and it just gets in the way as I'm at work all the time. Conversely NO ONE makes an effort at uni and I'd rather blend in then stand out, uni people are weird.

Ignore my hands.
Now, this is a ring that I wanted for about 2 years before I actually received it for my 18th birthday. This is the notorious ring from the NANA film, the armour ring I mentioned. Isn't it beaaaaaaaaauttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiifffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul?
Before I got it my sister asked me if someone gave it to me, what I would do, knowing full well that I was going to get it. I said, foolishly that I couldn't accept it! That it's too much for one person to get me, especially on their own! Mainly because I couldn't even imagine anyone even wanting to get it for me. But, again I still have it.
I felt so special when I got it, its still my most prized possession I think :3
I've had this purse for 3 years! 3 years! NEVER EVER EVER has a purse lasted me that long & it's still going strong! The thing is I remember buying this for like £65 (I think) now any of the Vivienne Westwood purses of this size could set you up more then double that so good thing I bought it when I did! :D

I got this perfume for Christmas last year from my older sister and I've only used it like 3 times because I really don't wanna waste it! I love the smell! I adore the body cream that it comes with and funnily enough I've never even tried the bracelet that it came with until today because its SO loose it would be annoying to wear daily or throughout the day.



 
This was a gift from my friend, not that I'd ever purchase it myself because I think its a ghastly waste of money to have a notebook I can't bring myself to spoil with my horrendous writing or even photos of myself. I joked that I'd save it for my marriage pictures but it looks like I'll do just that. How lovely it would be to honour my favourite designer with my wedding photos. GLORIOUS.

Lastly here is my Vivienne Westwood nautical bag. Its a bowling bag with embroidered orbs in one of my favourite colours ever! The lining is adorable and its way more spacious then it looks!

After explaining all of my pieces a lot of this stuff were gifts given to me so that says a lot about how much my friends and family love me :3 well I like to think so at least.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I know how you feel about a pretty notebook like that! I wouldn't use it either! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't! It just sits on my desk sitting pretty in its wrapping paper xD

    ReplyDelete